I’m writing to announce my program in the Washington, D.C. area at the end of May. This event has evolved in magical ways and this year I’m planning on adding several features, including The Three Treasures process depicted below.
Please check the program description too, and if possible, join us to participate in a remarkable spring learning and healing event.
Wishing you vitality and renewal,
This year at his seminar, Paul Pitchford will introduce The Three Treasures model of Traditional Chinese Medicine, to bring together an understanding of vital aspects of our life. For example, the influence of digestion on the mind and spirit; and the “Jing Essence” system with its epigenetic function that can be optimized to spark renewal and proper brain cell function.
In addition, he will discuss recent research plus archeological findings that reveal the actual and rather surprising food practices of Stone Age peoples and how ancient food patterns may influence us.
Below is a summary of this unique program—that features the principles of Asian healing traditions merged with modern nutrition.
Though this course is featured in the Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) master’s degree nutrition program, it has, by special arrangement, been opened to all those with an interest in Paul’s work.
Using teachings from Chinese medicine and other ancient healing systems, students will explore the inherent qualities of foods and how these impact the eater’s well-being on every level; also, they will learn to assess and choose the most reliable scientific theories to support their healing work.
Students will be provided with a highly functional definition of Yin/Yang according to traditional Chinese clinical nutrition. This definition will include these energetic dimensions:
- The 5 climatic excesses [Hot/Cold/Damp/Wind/Dry] as assessment tools and their nutritional components used for patient recommendations.
- Other essential dimensions of Chinese medicine with dietary advisories:
- Strength [Excess/Deficiency]
- Depth [Interior/Exterior]
- Flow [Slippery/Obstructive]
- Weight [Light/Heavy]
- How traditional Chinese metaphysics and the Sattva concept of Ayurveda of India can be utilized to develop a clear and engaging understanding of ideal modern nutrition, enhancing one’s vision of unity and compassion.
- The “Qi” energetics system according to Chinese medicine. How the Spleen-Pancreas Qi model informs us of virtually all beneficial dietary habits.
- How “Obstructed Liver Qi” inhibits the entire digestive process; ways to smooth out Liver Qi Stagnation.
- The nutritional aspect of stem cells elucidated via the Jing concept of Chinese medicine and metaphysics.
In addition to his foundational teachings above, this year Paul will also provide the following enhanced topics:
- Essentials of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda will be presented with greater detail and in language that applies especially to those who work in the area of nutrition. For example, a module on tongue assessment will be offered.
- A “clinical theater” where Paul will demonstrate live health plan development for a client using various assessment tools such as interview, pulse, tongue, diagnostic acu-points, and so on.
- A client intake form that simplifies making health plans for anyone, including yourself. This form eases the process of gathering all pertinent information during the intake phase of plan creation.
- In response to the plethora of recent media attention focusing on dietary fats, Paul will provide practical insights on all major categories of lipids by utilizing traditional teachings in light of reliable scientific studies, which have endured the test of time.
- An electro-smog module which will provide guidance on the safest ways to use computers, mobile phones, e-tablets, smart meters, wi-fi, et al. Paul will present biologic and lifestyle remedies to help overcome the negative effects from electro-magnetic fields that permeate our lives.