In late summer* of this year, from September 13-15th, Paul Pitchford has been honored with an invitation to lead a series of classes at the Universal Consciousness Festival in Estes Park, Colorado.Continue reading
As an associate of Paul Pitchford here in our Denver office as well as student of his inspiring teachings for nearly 15 years, I was pleased to hear about his upcoming seminar and want to give you some important details that he has shared with me.
Paul has designed a healing and awareness educational program for late July at the acclaimed Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH). Though this course is featured in their master’s degree nutrition program, it has, by special arrangement, been opened to all those with an interest in Paul’s work.
This year Paul will provide his empirical foundational teachings, though he has chosen to enhance the topics considerably. The course offering at MUIH is laid out in the description after my letter. However, here are updated topics he will offer this year:
- Essentials of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda will be presented with greater detail and in language that applies especially to those who work in the area of nutrition. For example, a module on tongue assessment will be offered.
- An updated “clinical theater” where Paul will demonstrate live health plan development for a client using various assessment tools such as interview, pulse, tongue, diagnostic acu-points, and so on.
- A newly developed client intake form you can use for making health plans for anyone, including yourself. This re-designed form should ease the process of gathering all pertinent information during the intake phase of plan creation.
- In response to the plethora of recent media attention focusing on dietary fats, Paul will provide practical insights on all major categories of lipids by utilizing traditional teachings in light of reliable scientific studies, which have been well-vetted, repeatedly replicated and endure the test of time. He has watched the ebb and flow of the lipid battles over the years and makes recommendations that endure, rather than chasing after each latest, often faulty or short-sighted, piece of research.
- An enhanced electro-smog module which will provide guidance on the safest ways to use computers, mobile phones, e-tablets, smart meters, wi-fi, et al. Paul will present biologic and lifestyle remedies to help overcome the negative effects from electro-magnetic fields that permeate our lives.
To be “ahead of the curve,” one needs both experience and a sense of historic patterns. Paul’s work is rooted in time-honored traditions; for example, he apprenticed with Hsuan Hua and other masters of Chinese healing dharmas that were “pre-revolutionary” and thus extend before the Chinese Cultural Revolution that saw highly evolved medical theories and subtle cultural values haphazardly simplified, often losing much of their original meaning.
Here is a note we received the other day from Rod Hanks in Japan regarding his trainings with Paul more than 40 years ago:
In the spirit of grounding during the seminar, Paul will insert short intervals of qi gong and tai ji to help maintain participant vitality and illustrate the current seminar topics.
Register for this auspicious event here.
Wishing you enduring health,
Liza Cherubini, DC
Using teachings from Chinese medicine and other ancient healing systems, students will explore the inherent qualities of foods and how these impact the eater’s well-being on every level; also, they will learn to assess and choose the most reliable scientific theories to support their healing work.
Students will be provided with a highly functional definition of Yin/Yang according to traditional Chinese clinical nutrition. This definition will include these energetic dimensions:
- The 5 climatic excesses [Hot/Cold/Damp/Wind/Dry] as assessment tools and their nutritional components used for patient recommendations.
- Other essential dimensions of Chinese medicine with dietary advisories:
- Strength [Excess/Deficiency]
- Depth [Interior/Exterior]
- Flow [Slippery/Obstructive]
- Weight [Light/Heavy]
- How traditional Chinese metaphysics and the Sattva concept of Ayurveda of India can be utilized to develop a clear and engaging understanding of ideal modern nutrition, enhancing one’s vision of unity and compassion.
- The “Qi” energetics system according to Chinese medicine. How the Spleen-Pancreas Qi model informs us of virtually all beneficial dietary habits.
- How “Obstructed Liver Qi” inhibits the entire digestive process; ways to smooth out Liver Qi Stagnation.
- The nutritional aspect of stem cells elucidated via the Jing concept of Chinese medicine and metaphysics.
Register for The Energetics of Food here.